Instructional Scholar Teaching Certificate
The Instructional Scholar Teaching Certificate program provides a learning community and support structure within which faculty can spend time focusing on their teaching. As you begin the application process, please make sure you satisfy the participation requirements — full-time faculty member, at least five years of teaching experience, teaching in the fall or spring semester of the current year, and able to attend all program sessions — and submit all of the necessary application information:
- Applicant's name, department, phone, email
- Department head/chair’s name, department, phone, email
- A description of your (a) teaching experience, (b) teaching approach, and (c) personal goals.
- Half-page description of your teaching experience (e.g., courses taught) and teacher training experience (e.g., workshops, courses, Preparing Future Faculty participation).
- Half-page description of your teaching approach (e.g., if someone came to watch you teach, what would they see?)
- Half-page explanation of your personal goals for participating in the Instructional Scholar Teaching Certificate program.
- Current CV in PDF format.
These descriptions and explanations will be cut-and-paste into a web-based form; thus, no graphics or tables should be submitted. The CV should be uploaded as a single PDF file.