Virginia Tech Teacher of the Week
The goal of the Teacher of the Week program is to recognize effective, engaged, and dynamic teachers. Recognition is based on the implementation of learner-centered pedagogy as defined and explained in A Vision for Undergraduate Education at Virginia Tech. That said, Teacher of the Week is open to all faculty teaching graduate students or undergraduate students.
Nominations may include individuals, teams, or groups.
When nominating for the Teacher of the Week, please provide:
- a sentence describing the teacher’s approach to instruction, in non-technical terms;
- a paragraph elaborating on the teacher’s approach, potentially including specific course names, student populations, instructional strategies, or outcomes; and,
- a paragraph providing prior evidence of the teacher’s teaching expertise, which may include references to previous teaching awards and recognition, or a quote or two from colleagues or students describing the teacher’s impact.
- Links to resources (e.g., guidelines, syllabus) related to the teacher’s instruction (if applicable).
- Link to the teacher’s homepage (if applicable).